Skip to main content

I've Decided to Serve You and No Turning Back

Whoever Sows Sparingly Will Reap Sparingly 

I was saved by God's amazing grace in Melbourne in 2014. I can’t thank God enough for the joy, faith, life and growth He has lavished on me since I was saved six years ago. He freely gives me hope and strength every day. 


I believe every Christian is a missionary according to the great commission. My full time job is a contracts manager/ consultant in the construction/ infrastructure and  mining industry. When  I go to work during the week, I serve and honour God with my talents to to produce minerals and metal that are fundamental to our world and  benefit the society by providing jobs and security for many others. My non-believer coworkers also need a witness of Christ at workplace. 

In my spare time, I have been teaching  English to migrants and international students at a local  church on Saturdays as a volunteer since 2016. There is a discovering Christianity short English Bible study after English class. We have about 50-60 students before the pandemic. On Saturday evenings, I also invite a few students to my home and we have dinner, read the Bible, pray and worship God. I call it Cornerstone Bible Study(1 Peter 2:4-6). Over the years, there have been about 300 students who came to the English conversation classes. Two international students, one mum and daughter from China, one female skill migrant, one single mum and one lady who is over 70 years gave their lives to Jesus through Cornerstone Bible Study.

God has been really faithful to me and I have tasted His goodness and blessing to this ministry.  My desire to serve Him grew stronger and I had wished I could stop working in the mining company and just serve God and focus on sharing the Bible. 


The Calling to Serve as A Missionary 
In May this year during the lockdown, two friends came to faith while we were doing the Christianity Explained course, DSK a Korean student who was saved on 10th and and ECN a business migrant and her daughter who was saved on 17th May during the course. There salvation showed me God has never stopped working on saving souls. But I was occupied by my work and worried about earthly things. Lots of people are living in fear, anger and anxiety there is a huge need for the gospel in this situation. I received a calling to serve God and to be more devoted in ministry in May. So I quit my comfortable job hoping to become a missionary on 8th July 2020.



The First Witness of Salvation from My Family
On a normal Thursday evening on 9th July, I just had a strong desire to call my mum. So rang mum and asked if she was free to talk. For some strange reason, we were talking about faith, I started to share the gospel and danger of worshiping idols rather than the true God. She said a few years ago after she went from the visit to the church in Melbourne. She had a dream with a very talk man in pure white. The man with open arms called her name. And she went to a local catholic church, they told her it was Jesus. She wanted to believe since then. One of the friend whom she known of, had died just a couple of weeks after the person became Christian. She was afraid if she will have accident. Hence she couldn’t make the decision for a long time. I said God is the one and living God. Dont be afraid because we are forever with Him. Even death can not separate us from Christ Jesus.To die is gain and to live is Christ. So we said the prayer and she committed her to Jesus.

It appears from the outside I gave up my life for Jesus and His Kingdom, actually, it is a privilege and blessing to be selected and called by God to serve Him. Jesus said "For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."
My goal is to serve international students and migrants. Through showing Gods grace to them and teach them English, help them to make friends in a new country, assist them in practical ways to  settle in a new city, to look for jobs in order to prepare for the opportunity to share the gospel with them so they can know Jesus.

Paul says in 1 Corinthians 15:10 "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I realised that it is by the grace of God that powerfully works in Paul and he works harder than anyone else. because He has received grace in the past and even more importantly he relies future grace to come to accomplish God's greater pleasure and will. God will work in us when we submit and surrender to Him  as 100% humble servant. This is the type of worshipper he is seeking. 







Comments